Friday, July 25, 2008

Baby Aiden's Nursery

My latest project....I needed something to do to keep my mind off the impending birth of Ava/Aubry so we decided to work on Drew's nursery. My 2nd child isn't getting one right now because the house is for sale and there really isn't a room for Baby girl at mom and dad's. So Nicole originally wanted a sheep theme, Drew said "that was gay" and he found this turtle theme on-line. He put the word turtle in a hat 3 x's and the word sheep in a hat 3x's and had Jaxon draw best out of three. Of course, the first two he pulled were turtle so he got his way. Then we began construction. Last Tuesday Nicole and I painted the paneling on the walls, about 4 coats later. Then I began the turtle border....each one individually drawn and painted...stayed up late painting the canvas and the wooden letters. More turtle borders with the help of Nicole on Friday...drilling the light holes and finishing touches Sunday. Not bad for a 5 day project from start to finish. It looks adorable. He should enjoy checking out the turtles and the lights. Only problem...the project is complete but I am still waiting for little miss to make her grand entrance. I know, I know....I have heard it a thousand times- "She will come when she is ready!"



Hand-painted letters....Drew wanted to buy them online and they were $10/PIECE....instead we went to Michael's and got them for $.99/piece and I painted them. Not bad huh?




My input...I wanted to do this with Jaxon's room but he had old plaster ceiling tiles....this was much easier with the drop ceiling tiles. I was going for a starry night effect. I just drilled random holes and then put christmas lights in them from above the tiles down. It looks cool!



Nicole really wanted one of the turtles to have a diaper and a binky...she said "She knew I could do it..." Well, what do you think?



Close up of one of the "hand-painted" turtles I created as a border.


Finished product!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.