Monday, February 26, 2007

One month check-up update...

Jaxon went to the pediatrician today for his one month check-up. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. (up almost 3 lb. from birth) which is excellent. He measured 20 3/4" from 19" at birth...so needless to say he is what they call "thriving." Dr. Garcia recommended I start training Jax to sleep through the night, so I am to put him to bed at 11pm and try to prolong feeding him if he wakes up. First I am to check him and try to let him soothe himself. If he continues to cry then I should change him and put him back down...if he still doesn't go back to sleep then I am to pick him up for 30 seconds and lay him back down, if all that fails then I can feed him. Sounds like a lot but it makes sense, he needs to learn that night time is for sleeping, not eating. He also recommended that I put Jax on his belly for play time around 6 pm each evening to help build his muscles and keep him from getting a flat head. Otherwise he is a perfect little baby, no problems...he goes back in a month for another check up and to get shots.

0 comments: